Cycling is a fantastic aerobic exercise or sport that will help build and maintain your cardiovascular health. But riding for prolonged periods of time can stress the body, causing low back pain, tension in the shoulders, and strain on the wrists, as well as feeding muscular imbalances.
Because cycling is a lower body dominant exercise, the upper body and core is often neglected in training. Cyclists need to train their core muscles to support their spine to maintain the proper riding position for the duration of their ride. A strong core will help the cyclist generate more power in his or her pedaling rate.
Pilates will help a cyclists over all flexibility, core strength, improve their balance, Pilates will also help to correct muscular imbalances and improve your posture and create balnce and stability in the scapula.
Pilates exercises to include in your training: Part 1
A FEW WAYS TO ENTER:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
1. Visit the website and leave a comment letting me know which DVD you really want to add to your library.
2. Mention this post on your blog. Leave a comment telling me you have done so. If you don’t have a blog you can email this post to a friend and leave a comment telling me you have done so.
3. Sign up for my newsletter.
4. Add me to your blogroll and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
5. Sign up for the Total Fitness DVDS newsletter and let me know you have done so.
Contest will close midnight Friday April 9th 2010. Open to US residents only.